In my previous article, I introduced two website design options available to business owners that are first starting to shop for web design, and identified how the features and compromises of each fit with their unique business needs.
After identifying whether or not a custom website or a template layout best meets your business needs, the next factor to consider is the need for a content management system. A Content management system, or CMS allows website owners to easily update their own website, while providing a powerful framework for advanced website features such as online calendars, photo galleries, e-commerce, newsletters and other elements.
In order to determine whether or not a CMS would benefit your business, it is important to consider the nature of your business and ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the nature of my business such that the content on the website will change frequently?
- Is your business “program driven” to where an updatable calendar of events would make your website more useful or attractive?
- Does your business sell products or services online? Would an e-commerce shopping cart benefit your visitors?
- Is your marketing plan to run various business promotions via an online newsletter distribution system?
- Is the nature of your business such that a custom, easy to update photo gallery would be a useful feature for your website?
If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, then a website driven by a content management system is the right fit for your business. A CMS gives business owners full control of their website and makes the website more relevant to the end users with up to date, useful information. At the same time, this keeps website owner’s maintenance cost lower by allowing them to control and edit their own content without per-hour or per-update costs.
At Logic Media, we understand that empowering our clients to update and change their own website content is a basic requirement in the modern online marketing age. Contact us today to schedule a complimentary demonstration of our custom designed content management system and see how it would benefit your business needs and simplify your online experience.