Google Analytics, the powerful website analytics tool from Google, can be a complicated and daunting product to navigate, even for those experienced with it’s quirks and nuances. Add in e-commerce product data, and the complexity can skyrocket. Luckily, Google recently allowed everyone access to a Google Analytics Demo Account that is fully populated with data from their own Google Merchandise Store. The demo account contains e-commerce transaction data and traffic source data, as well as content data showing how users behave on the website.
This demo data can be added to your own analytics account, allowing you to see how a fully functioning analytics setup can be interrogated, sliced, and diced, and the types of information that can be gleaned from it. Google’s examples of ways to use the demo account include:
- View all standard reports populated with real data from the Google Merchandise Store
- View AdWords and Search Console integration related data
- Alter reports by adding filters and secondary dimensions, and by changing the report view
- View predefined dashboards and segments imported from the Solutions Gallery
- Compare audience, acquisition, behavior and conversion performance to a previous date range period
- Segment the data using your own custom segments
- Create your own dashboards, custom reports, and attribution models
Read the full release here.